- America’s Ford Motor Co. reported a record fourth-quarter profit on Friday. Jan 27, 2012. This was due to a one time tax allowance. It paid off.
- Florida is considering whether or not to tax Amazon.com’s online sales
- Over 3.4 Billion in back taxes was owed and may still be owed by US government employees as a whole owe as of September 2011
The IRS is providing “free” Tax Preparation
By Roger Chartier 1/ 27 / 2012
Give your local IRS office a call for details.
If you are married and filing jointly on an electronic form both of you have to be there to sign. You will need to bring the required paperwork for them.
Here’s a list:
- Photo ID
- Valid Social Security cards for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Birth dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- Any other important or other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total amount of money paid for day care
- Day care provider’s ID number
“Income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf.”
— Will Rogers, humorist.